This was the week six of the module "Personal Development for Computing" and in this week we talked about "Role Playing and Video Production", our previous semester's grades and also about our upcoming assignments.
Role playing has to do with performing a role; take a role and then try to follow some steps in order to reach the appropriate results. That does not mean that it is easy..... it takes time and effort to reach that appropriate result and also to act differently at that specific time. During this week's presentation it was also mentioned that it is good to practice, make rehearsals of your speech in order to feel more comfortable and confident with it. You can ask someone that you know to let's say "grade you" considering your presentation skills before you present it to the actual audience. You can also video-record yourself and see what was wrong during your speech rehearsals, what you need to eliminate or avoid and what is good for you to keep. It is also good if you show this video and to other people that you know so a second opinion can be heard! (London Metropolitan University)
Considering the rehearsal part of the presentation: In the past I was in the position of having to rehearse my speech many times before the actual day of the presentation. An example of a module that it was very important to be in the time frame limit was the one in relation to the speaking in front of an audience or else "public speaking". In this module we had to present individually speeches in relation to the topics that we decided to choose and also to present them in front of our tutor and classmates. We had also to use eye contact, body language, and to be in the time limits that our tutor had set at that time. In this module I tried to rehearse my speeches because due to my anxiety part I sometimes felt like I will not make it to the time limit and that I will finish earlier or that I may finish later than the time limit. At that time it was good to rehearse the speech and be able to spell better some words or to be able to remember better some things mentioned at the speech's paper in order to have more eye contact with the classmates/tutor. I can say that by rehearsing you may avoid certain difficulties that may come up at your actual speech day; no one knows what happens so if you are a little more prepared then you can be sure that something at least will come out in a better way!
For week six we had also to visit a website that was in relation to our previous week's lecture "Presentation." I can say that this site was an interesting one as with a combination with the powerpoint presentation of the previous week, someone could get better the presentation process and its parts. I think that i will definitely check up on that site in the near future in order to read again anything that is in relation to projects and its presentations or anything else that it may seem interesting to me.
In this week's blog listing we also have to write down an example of a role playing situation that we have been into. Personally I think that everyone everyday is playing a role( a role in a positive way not in a negative one) , because a person at this time can be a daughter, a niece, a grand daughter, a cousin, a sister/brother, a friend, a classmate etc I think also that in each of these situations every person reacts differently to each of the persons that s/he knows meaning that s/he will speak differently to a friend and to a classmate or to his/hers family. Sometimes we can say certain things and be more open to specific people and to other people we are not that opened or we just prefer not to talk to them about what for example worries us, our happiness, our fears etc
If I could say a personal example of a role playing would be that I have people that i feel as very close to me and that i can open up easier to them and other people that i talk to them but i don't feel so comfortable to say more and i prefer keeping the conversation in general talking rather than a personal one.
Last but not least we talked about the semester's grades and the upcoming assignments. The grades were very good and more than what i expected. The upcoming assignments as mentioned and in my previous blog listings will be in relation to a website creation, two presentations, and some word documents that we will have to upload at the intranet during the last week of the semester.
No comments:
Post a Comment